WHAT IS IT?
Women United is dedicated to inspiring, educating and encouraging women to effect change in their community through philanthropy and leadership by:
- addressing the unmet needs of women and children by mobilizing the power of women in the Topeka area,
- increasing awareness and availability of services for women and children (under the age of 18) in our community, and
- increasing the positive impact women make on the health and well-being of our community.
The Women United Fund awards grants of up to $750 to assist women and children in emergency situations who cannot access the requested service through another program and may otherwise fall through the cracks. The grants are also intended to help those who are trying to make a life-altering change, such as achieving advanced job skills through training.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Prospective members may join at any time with a contribution of $100 per year. Checks should be made out to Women United and can be directed to the United Way of Kaw Valley. Volunteer opportunities are available for members who seek to contribute personally with their time.
(Women United is currently only in the Topeka area.)
For questions, email Angel Romero at firstname.lastname@example.org
LOOKING FOR ASSISTANCE?
The intent of the Women United fund is to award grants to assist women and children (individuals, not agencies or groups) in emergency and/or life altering situations. Grants are one time only with a maximum limit of $750.00. Listed below are the exceptions to the $750.00 grant maximum.
- Dental care $100.00 maximum
- Tuition assistance $100.00 maximum
The grants will focus on emergency help for:
- A woman
- A woman with a child or children
- Child or children (under 18)
- Father requesting services for a child
- Grandparents requesting services for a child